Sunday, February 12, 2012

What is the best linux version for a DELL Latitude D600 laptop?

I have a DELL Latitude D600 that was passed down to me by my older sister. The XP on it has some bad malware and is generally corrupted. What would be the best Linux version to either replace it , or do a dual boot?What is the best linux version for a DELL Latitude D600 laptop?Almost any distro will install with a dual boot option. Which distro you install depends on how much horsepower you have and what you want to do.



Since there are over 300 distros, and a few CDRWs are pretty cheap, download a few that sound interesting and try them. DSL (Damn Small Linux) or PCLinuxOS minime might be good for a smaller computer, but Ubuntu might run well too.



They're free - take 2. Or 20. Have fun. That's what it's all about. (Until you decide to earn your living doing what you do for fun.)What is the best linux version for a DELL Latitude D600 laptop?I don't know about the D600, but I have installed Ubuntu on two different Dell laptops (8500 and I don't recall the other's #). Ubuntu installed the drivers for the wireless cards and I was quite impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment