Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How do I fix the sound on my Dell Dimension desktop computer?

I have a Dell Dimension desktop that has become faulty with the sound. Upon powering up, the sound works fine. However, after a while it will just simply go out. If I restart the computer, it works again for a little while and then does the same thing again, just stops working. Is this a software or virus problem within the computer or do I need a new sound card, or something of that sort?How do I fix the sound on my Dell Dimension desktop computer?You basically need a new sound card. Based on experience, the symptoms you mentioned pertains to a heat related issue on your sound card. Your sound card basically heats up while you are using your computer. If your have an integrated sound card, be careful on any upgrades (buying new sound card) since this also means that your motherboard is causing your sound card not to work.



Anyways you can try to download an updated version of your sound card driver from www.support.dell.com. Just click on the "I'm looking for drivers and downloads" button then it will ask for your service tag number. Enter the service tag number for your computer and browse for sound card.



If your computer is still under warranty, just click on the link below to chat for a technician. They will surely help you out.



http://support.dell.com/support/topics/g鈥?/a>How do I fix the sound on my Dell Dimension desktop computer?i would first upgrade the driver

How do I fix the sound on my Dell Dimension desktop computer?The speaker maybe going out. You can always go buy a new sound card and install it. It sounds like a hardware problem. If the machine is still under warranty call it in.How do I fix the sound on my Dell Dimension desktop computer?
Get a Creative Sound Blaster Sound Card.

No comments:

Post a Comment