Saturday, February 18, 2012

How to connect a Dell Computer to an Apple Airport wireless network?

I am Apple based at home but my daughter has a school Dell computer. How do I make the Dell and my Airport network communicate. I can't use the password I use for all the other macs and don't know ibm based computer well enough to firgure out what is their password.How to connect a Dell Computer to an Apple Airport wireless network?The issue is not her Dell, its the security settings on your airport ... as long as your network is set to provide DHCP access check your daughters settings to make sure she is set up to receive an IP from the airport. ... you may have to add the MAC(machine authentication code) address of her NIC to your router table and allow her to connect without a password ... by restricting access by MAC address, your network remains secure

No comments:

Post a Comment