Sunday, February 12, 2012

How do I Add Hard Drives to a Dell Dimension Series Computer?

I have opened the case on my Dell Desktop Computer. I removed the original Hard Drive (C) and replaced it with another Hard Drive which I am attempting to access. However the system will not boot at startup with any other Hard Drive than the original. I get a message: Plug and Play Configuration Error. There must be some way to add hard drives and access them the way I did from the previous computers.How do I Add Hard Drives to a Dell Dimension Series Computer?Is your hard driev IDE or SATA? if its ide, Make sure you have the jumpers set right to masterHow do I Add Hard Drives to a Dell Dimension Series Computer?you need to leave the old hard drive in the system as it has the OS installed on it. hard drives dont come with windows pre-installed. as stated if its an IDE drive make sure the new drive is set to SLAVE and the old one is set to MASTER. you will need to format the drive in windows dish manager...How do I Add Hard Drives to a Dell Dimension Series Computer?Here are 2 websites to help add a drive. As the other responder said you will have to make the new drive a slave. If your computer has 2 IDE ports on the motherboard (most do) you can use 2 hard drives on each ide port. On the second port you can have another master and slave. If you have an optical drive there then you will only be able to add 1 on that port.

You can also use an external hard drive via a usb port

No comments:

Post a Comment