Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How can I brighten the screen on my Dell laptop when it is running on battery power?

My Dell Inspiron 1405 is set to dim the monitor when operating on battery power. I can't find this setting among the other power management options. Any idea how I can undo it? Thanks!How can I brighten the screen on my Dell laptop when it is running on battery power?I have a Inspiron 1100 and all you have to do is hold down the FN key and use the bright / dim buttons to adjust the brightness.



On mine the "FN" key is between the left "Ctrl" and "Alt" keys and the controlls for brightness are the "up" and "down" arrow keys on the right.



hope this helps.....How can I brighten the screen on my Dell laptop when it is running on battery power?
Thank you! This works for acer laptops as well!

Report Abuse

How can I brighten the screen on my Dell laptop when it is running on battery power?there is an adjustment in the bios that does just this, since its a DELL, press f2 when booting the computer and look around for this adjustment.How can I brighten the screen on my Dell laptop when it is running on battery power?
you can simply use the keyboard function shortcut keys.



usually as 'Fn' and blue in color.



keep it pressed and click on the brightness key on the laptop keyboard, which too will be in blue and as a symbol of the sun.How can I brighten the screen on my Dell laptop when it is running on battery power?Do the up and down arrows have a sun icon on them? If so, you can just hit the function key ("Fn") + up arrow to brighten.

No comments:

Post a Comment