Sunday, February 5, 2012

How do I enable the special signs with alt + numlock on a Dell Inspiron netbook?

I have a Dell Inspiron netbook and I bought an external numpad. I want to type German umlauts using the alt + numpad combination now but even with numlock on and the external numpad it does not work. It types the numbers just fine and with the function key it does the arrow functions but not the special signs. Is there any way to get that working?

Thanks.How do I enable the special signs with alt + numlock on a Dell Inspiron netbook?You might need to also press the fn key (alt ,fn, num keys) something like that.How do I enable the special signs with alt + numlock on a Dell Inspiron netbook?Thank you.

Unfortunately this did not work. :( I'll stick to insert %26gt; symbol for the time being.

Report Abuse

  • unique baby boy names
  • used boats
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment