Monday, January 30, 2012

What military branch would be the best to join?

Well right now I'm needing to do something with my life, I've dropped out of college and I'm wanting to join the military to get some self-discipline in my life. I was kind of leaning towards the navy, because I love to travel. I want something where I get to work out, but not hardcore, all the time. I dont want to spend a lot of time in school. I also dont want to do something where theres a high risk of combat. Im just wondering what which branch is right.What military branch would be the best to join?Well if you want to travel to different ports, but be at sea 98% of the time then go Navy. Air force you can do a good bit of traveling but they pick your job pretty much for you. As for the army you could travel and pick the job you want and that will be the job you get. If you don't want a combat job don't pick it. As for the marines I am not real sure how it works for them. Call a recruiter and just ask them. If you don't want them hasseling you leave them a fake name and #.What military branch would be the best to join?
I am in the Air Force, and it was the right choice for me. I have been able to travel a lot. I've been all over the states, Europe, been to Japan, Singapore, and (of course) the desert. But it's been a great experience. I love it. And if you're air crew, you really get to travel all the time, it is your job of course!



In the Air Force, you have mandatory PT three times a week, and of course, you can PT on lunch or when you have time. I'm not sure if that is as much as you want to do though. The Air Force is more concerned with being lean and fit, than having huge muscles.



Good luck with whatever your choice is.



Just a tip... I've never heard anyone regret joining the Air Force.What military branch would be the best to join?You're leaning toward the Navy because you like to travel? Yep you will do plenty of that. Just think about it, weeks at sea on a ship full of men with just a day or so in a foreign port. Yep, my idea of world travel. You don't want a high risk of combat, okay... Guess the Air Force is for you. The Army or the Marines would give you the self discipline you claim to want but, oh my goodness there's the risk of combat. Tell you what, just set your mind to accomplishing your education and teach yourself the self discipline you want. You're only going to get out of the Armed Forces what you choose to put in. If you're willing to go all the way and apply yourself you might just get what you want...otherwise, well maybe not. Good luck to you pardner.
KCH is right. I've never heard anyone regret having joined the Air Force as well.



Navy or Air Force seems to fit the bill better than the other two services for your particular critieria.



The majority of the Navy is assigned to ships. PT time is alloted and/or required. You'll be given free time as well, so if you want to work out during your free time, you could do that too. Navy will travel more than the other services because they are on ships.



Air Force you'll get to travel as well (or be stationed overseas). They have a lot of 'support' positions that are available.



Otherwise, be hardcore and join the Marines!What military branch would be the best to join?I think you might like the navy. travel, nothing too hardcore etc.

A lot of it, too, would depend on what job you'd like to do. The navy has great technical schools.



I was in the AF myself, only I was SF so I did travel a lot.



I think in life, when you lean toward something, it's your gut telling you.



Good luck.What military branch would be the best to join?
what air force has pt 3 times a week and a lunchbreak?? i know other people (nonners) do. if you work flightline, especially on fighters, there is no way to allow people to leave and workout, let alone get lunch break. yes i eat, but i eat when i can where i can. usually on the truck or on the spot with the acft. sidebar, but i couldnt resist. oh, air force rocks, go that route.
I read your question.

If you want a Challenge and to the 1st to fight its the Marines.



If you want to travel and finish your college education its the Air Force.



If you just want to travel and not finish school its the Navy, good luck.What military branch would be the best to join?
If those are your criteria, then you will want to look at Navy and Air Force. Navy will fill the travel criteria more often than any other branch and neither of these will see combat like you migh in the army and marines.
If you don't want to go into combat then why join the military at all? No offense but that's kinda lazy. So if I had to pick I'd say coast guard
Army all they way. Preferably Airborne Infantry or Rangers.
Navy or Air Force..unless you want to be a bullet sponge for the war.
coast guard
I am ex-Army special forces but my personal recommendation for you would be Air Force all the way.



The Navy "travels" more, but most of your time is spent at sea on the same boat... with the same ppl... eating the same food. It really won't matter to you where you are because you will just be inside the same ship. The "exotic" places you'll see will just be the different shorelines you pass by. I know this because I deployed several times on a Navy ship and talked to the sailors quite a bit (most recently in October of 2001 before operations in Afghanistan). Not many were happy to "travel" 6 mos of the year without a chance to really experience any place new (outside of a few days here or there).



The Army lets you choose your job, but not where you'll do it. You could pick a safe job, but get stuck in backwater Alabama (or someplace really dull). Its also stretched extremely thin right now (meaning the $ just isn't there to keep their facilities as nice as the other services). And Army bases tend to be located in the middle of nowhere so they can shoot their guns without waking (or blowing up) the neighbors.



The Marines train "everyone" to fight and so they tend to guard their support units less tightly (read: higher combat risk). They are definitely alot more concerned about the tedious aspects of being in the military (shined shoes, etc) and don't let you have much choice in job training. I spent several months with a Marine sniper unit - I was not impressed with the lifestyle or the mindset.



The Air Force is probably the best funded of the services (read nicer everything). It also tends to be the most relaxed in terms of discipline. The combat "risk" in the AF is tiny (more like non-existant) unless you specifically choose a job that requires risk (para rescue, combat controller, etc). Their bases also tend to be near large cities and have a relaxed policy on getting off base to enjoy your locality.



I believe the Air Force physical fitness test requires you to ride a bike or something relatively light like that. The Army %26amp; Marines have mandatory workouts 5 days a week where they run, climb ropes, do pullups %26amp; pushups, etc. Not sure about the Navy - they worked out but I don't know if it was mandatory or not.



Good luck, hope some of this at least helps a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment